Req. ID: 244484
As a DRAM Diagnostics Software Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for the development, verification, and documentation of software applications (tools) designed to perform and/or automate in-depth analysis of system-level compatibility issues with the purpose of diagnosis, troubleshooting, test, validation, qualification, or performance characterization. You will be part of the DRAM Systems Compatibility Group (DSCG), a team of engineers responsible for validating Micron DRAM modules through industry’s leading edge system testing. You will be required to remain current on industry standards, technologies, development tools, and development techniques and acquire knowledge as needed. You will work with other Micron engineers and technicians from groups including Production Engineering, Systems Integration, Test, QA, SpecTek, and RMA and occasionally communicate with external customers.
Responsibilities and tasks include the following, but not limited to:
- Design and develop innovative DRAM diagnostic software for internal groups
- Provide ongoing support of software tools utilized by internal groups
- Maintain a working knowledge of Micron products and customer platforms
- Continually acquire new skills and knowledge (software/hardware)
- Ability to read and understand product datasheets
- Configure and debug system level hardware and peripherals
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to continually improve diagnostic software
- 4+ years of system and software engineering experience
- A clear understanding of DRAM modules, motherboards, processors, and other system components
- Experience with Intel, AMD, or ARM chipset architecture
- Experience with decoding system failure events to physical DRAM locations
- Knowledge and specific understanding of the tradeoffs between different hardware and/or software implementations and how those implementations will affect the DRAM usage in those systems
- Strong understanding of how DRAM memory interacts with systems and end-customer solutions
- Highly effective collaboration and teamwork skills
- Excellent analytical, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with multifaceted demands
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit
According to the "Employment Service Act", positions with salary lower than NTD$40,000, please refer to the salary information in the job description. Positions with salary over than NTD$40,000 will be subject to be discussed during interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our
Keywords: Taichung City || Taichung City (TW-TXG) || Taiwan (TW) || DEG (DRAM Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-CY1 || Tier 3 ||