Taichung, TXG, TW
Micron's vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 248143
Do you like to work on groundbreaking technologies that span mobile, consumer and high-performance applications? Are you looking to lead and strengthen a team of experts who will get to work on products that impact billions of people? We are looking for a hardworking Semiconductor Packaging Master Designer to join our global team.
As the package design manager at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for the enablement of effective package layouts that meet exceptional technical standards. In this highly visible role, you will own and drive advanced package design and development. You will have ultimate responsibility for package/SIP layout, optimization, layout verification and taping out.
In addition to hands-on design, you will also be responsible to growth and management of several technical direct. You will be also required to scale your group to meet business requirements. You will have end-to-end design ownership on a wide variety of products and package structures, including mobile, advanced DRAM, and ASIC packages.
- Advanced Degrees in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with significant technical and managerial experience
- Minimum 7+ years hands on experience with Cadence APD/SIP or equivalent mentor tools is a must
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in packaging area including Wirebond & Flip chip technologies.
- Experience preferred in schematic capture, layout and design using Cadence Allegro Schematic Design Entry (Concept HDL) design tools is a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D and 3D (Inventor a plus)
- Ability to travel internationally as required
- Assist with improving individual capability by conducting performance appraisals with team members to create goals and development plans.
- Monitor performance metrics of diverse teams to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Other responsibilities include ensuring organizational compliance to company policies and laws, as well as to departmental procedures, and providing organizational leadership for building and implementing department strategies, processes, and policy through active participation in functional teams and projects, as well as mentoring other functional leaders through collaboration and the development of sustainably successful solutions.
- Support feasibility studies for various package options.
- Interact with and support die design to enable silicon architecture development.
- Interact with key Business Unit stakeholders and recommend package solutions to meet customer and/or market requirements.
- Establish design gap analysis for subcontractor proposals.
- Support package technology development activities.
- Provide design support for thermal/mechanical/electrical simulation analysis.
- Execute advanced package design reviews in a timely and efficient manner
- Design for optimum electrical performance, manufacturability, and package reliability
- Perform direct design reviews with assembly subcon design teams
- Participate in the DFMEA (Design for Manufacturing) process
- Maintain familiarity with documentation work flows and signoff flows
- Ensure accurate and timely update of all documents into the Assembly Database
- Check and proofread designs from different areas (interposer suppliers, subcons drawings, tooling vendor, etc.
- Provide accurate drafting support for the following drawings: Marketing Drawings, Manufacturing Drawings, Package Outline Drawings, Interposer Drawings, and WireBond Diagrams
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands - Micron® and Crucial® - our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit
According to the "Employment Service Act", positions with salary lower than NTD$40,000, please refer to the salary information in the job description. Positions with salary over than NTD$40,000 will be subject to be discussed during interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron's Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our
Keywords: Taichung || Taichung City (TW-TXG) || Taiwan (TW) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-EH1 || Tier 4 ||
Upload your resume and immediately see jobs for you!