In this role, you will be responsible for developing content strategies, planning & structuring innovative digital first content partnerships, video production and influencer marketing etc.
Sitting within a media agency, we strive to ensure that insights and data are at the heart of all our content-first campaigns, not only creating great content but ensuring its seen by the right audience at the optimum time.
Working hand-in-hand with global comms planning team; teamwork is key to creating an award-winning work. We are looking for a proactive self-initiator who can think on their feet and is enthusiastic about their work.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: GM
3 best things about the job: * A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of an award-winning global media agency network and the largest marketing services group in the world.
- Part of a team which works on one of the biggest FMCG client globally, in which you will gain invaluable knowledge and training on how innovation & partnerships can help redefine key moments for the client through proposing and carrying out global content strategy aligned with their business strategy.
- Working within a fast-growing team with access to a strong global network of over 300 content specialists and multiple strategic partners that help bring to life branded experiences and a content-first approach for our client’s audiences.
In three months:
- Demonstrate understanding of the business challenges for our brands and proactively build relationships with stakeholders (internally, externally and with clients).
- Gained regional knowledge across various markets.
- Thorough understanding of ways of working and liaising with markets and clients.
- To manage and work with a team of global Comms planning and content specialists (local markets) to provide guidance in terms of new content opportunities and digital first innovative solutions aligned with client requirements.
- Managed campaign and market coordination with guidance from peers or supervisor to ensure seamless execution.
- Have formed trusted relationships between internal teams and clients, in terms of becoming the custodian for their brands and provide consultancy related to content marketing.
- Thorough understanding of brand category and competition across markets.
- You will be up to speed with the value proposition of Mindshare Content+ products and will be able to articulate this confidently.
- You will have been exposed to current and past content projects to understand overall strategy approach in terms of campaigns and new solutions.
- You will have started to manage projects from planning, sell-in, all through to closing; including deal negotiations and contract management etc.
- Contribute to internal and external meetings.
- Orchestrate the inputs from the internal teams to develop innovative content marketing solutions and/or initiatives for clients, beyond the usual tried-and-tested routes.
- Your clients will actively come to you as the go-to-person for social & content knowledge and seek your recommendations.
- Proactively build, and manage a pipeline of upcoming new content marketing opportunities across markets.
Assist global content COE with developing partnership opportunities, toolkits development, creation and cascade.
Strategic Thinking and Thought Leadership
- Build effective content marketing strategy and ideas (together with global Comms team, global brand and partners) to support global Comms / BETs.
- Support in development of playbooks outside of BETs to outline approach to land UL mandate on Content.
- Driving application of repeatable models of success for content in BETs.
- Curating best practices and sharing across the planning hubs to inspire content innovation.
- Support in building the future facing innovation roadmap through Global Content days, partner days and brand workshops etc.
- Support in building and refreshing content partnership agenda to ensure relevance.
- Support on negotiations with publishers, broadcasters and content partners.
- Tracking contract and entitlement fulfilment on both client and partner side.
- Encourage collaboration between global and local markets to ensure landing of partnerships.
- Work with local market to identify local opportunities and scale across multi-markets.
- 8+ years’ experience in content marketing within an agency or content production or publisher setting.
- Strong understanding on the content landscape (partners such as publishers, broadcasters and content creators) of Southeast Asia & beyond
- A track record of collaboration leading to successful campaign results.
- A developed understanding of content planning frameworks, strong strategy development skills.
- Understanding about innovative content platforms, media networks and knowledge on influencer marketing is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, Content Marketing, Communications, Business.
- Strong written and speaking command of the English languages.
- Experience of working with tight deadlines and under pressure.
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - . We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at and follow us on Twitter and and .
Taiwan is the fifth largest Asian market in terms of ad spend per capita. Here, TV is the most important form of media, with 89% penetration, but consumption rates are changing drastically, with 67% of TV watchers now getting their fix through the internet accessed on computers, mobiles, tablets and video on demand services.
Taiwan’s digital media market is truly a unique blend of local, regional and global players. It remains one of the most exciting cities in Asia, with friendly people, great food served round-the-clock and the best cost to quality-of-life ratio in the Asia Pacific region.