World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,5 million customers and patients.
Through the passion and diversity of its people, Air Liquide leverages energy and environment transition, changes in healthcare and digitization, and delivers greater value to all its stakeholders. Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Air Liquide Far Eastern has been present in Taiwan for more than 30 years. Deploying a varied portfolio of offers in Taiwan, its main customers are the leaders in the electronics industry. Air Liquide in Taiwan has a leading position within the Air Liquide Group due to its innovative and very demanding customers.
Entity and activity description
The Business Transformation team is based in Taipei, with 2 other data analysts. Our scope is not just the Taiwanese affiliate but also the Greater China cluster which encompasses China and Hong Kong as well. With local relays in most departments, we mainly focus on creating Power BI reports for every level of the company, deploying core data models and building local data models.
Due to the expertise of Air Liquide Far Eastern teams on the Electronics business line combined with its advanced use of data and business intelligence, the World Business Line of Electronics has asked us to be the data domain manager for quality, supply chain and assets.
Missions and Responsibilities
The mission is to work on above data domains. In this worldwide scope, the VIE will be responsible to:
- Create conceptual data models that suit all EL entities (mostly in Asia, in the USA, and Europe)
- Create the logical data models and finally work with different countries’ IT teams to establish applicable physical data models.
- Interact with users all over the world to assemble use cases for data.
- Create Power BI reports to ensure the data model will provide the expected service to users.
- Good knowledge of business intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledge of Python is appreciated
- Proficiency in office tools (Google Suite, Office)
- Fluent in English, comfortable on the phone and in presenting to audiences that include native speakers.
- Comfortable socially in calling people from different countries and culture (not just email)
- Curious, keen to learn and able to listen to others
- Willing to sometimes work outside usual working hours in order to connect with the USA (12 hours difference). Working hours are adjustable to fit those needs.
- Independent: does not wait for instructions to act. Will propose solutions before requesting decisions.
The VIE will be based in Taipei, Taiwan, for an initial 12 month period.
Position open only for candidates eligible to the VIE program. Therefore, only the applicants meeting the requirements of the French V.I.E program will be taken into consideration. Please visit this website for more information about these requirements:
The V.I.E., an international young graduate program, enables young professionals who are less than 28 and European Union nationals to work for a French company in any country of the world. Becoming part of this program means going abroad to carry out a professional assignment for up to 24 months whilst benefiting from social care coverage and an interesting salary, which depends on the host country.
Business France, the French agency for international business development, is in charge of all the administrative procedures of your assignment. For further information, please visit the following link: