Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning's Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
- Lead overall supply planning (include both interior and exterior) to ensure continuity of supply and optimize inventory
- Track and analyze Global Supply Chain performance to identify opportunistic areas for continuous improvement
- Support to define and execute Global Supply Chain strategies linked to the customer's value, business strategies and regional supply chain strategies
- Maintain and update long term FS supply modeling to ensure continuity of supply supporting productions and optimize inventory level based on the latest demand forecast on monthly basis
- Understand key assumptions behind demand, manufacturing, engineering variations which would have impact to FS supply from CSM
- Collaborate with plant planning and CM on-site team to understand demand and production consumption to validate FS requirement
- Run monthly campaign with CSM planning team on tank allocation alignment
- Lead and support FS related initiatives that will drive supply and cost efficiency
- Manage and maintain overall SCM initiative portfolios that drive capacity, cost, and cash improvement
- Support key SCM programs that drive cost, capacity, or cash improvement
- Support regular performance update and executive communication materials
- Support analytics to develop Global Supply Chain strategies
- 5-8 years' experience in Manufacturing or SC Operations with a demonstrated track record of results
- Strong communication skills to drive cross-functional and cross-region coordination
- Willing to take ownership to initiate communications to drive the result
- Result-oriented and can-do mindset with good interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
- Manage to perform analytics independently
- Willing to work under pressure and accept challenge to meet commitment and project deadline
- Business integrity, maturity, acumen, professionalism, energy, and teamwork spirit
- Understanding of product and regional demand
- Financial acumen (understanding landed cost and VAT to drive decision making)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Bachelor degree required with major in business or supply chain management
- MBA degree is a plus.